Tips from our experts
- All fabrics with a solid surface can be heat sealed as long as you use the correct adhesive for the specific fabric and product being decorated.
- Logo size is critical when deciding your decoration placement. Consult with your decorator to make sure you have the proper specialty equipment.
- 100% polyester, polyester blends, pigment-dyed fabrics and neon colors are heat sensitive and cannot exceed temperature thresholds higher than 320 degrees or shrinkage, bleeding or spot staining may occur. Use only low cure materials and a barrier base (grey) bleed blocker on dark colors. Be sure to consult with your transfer supplier or decorator.
- Use a foam application pad or welding line around the image where the press elements may touch.
- Press through a single layer of fabric or line the inside with heat resistant paper to prevent the image from ghosting through the fabric.
Screen Printed Transfers
A heat transfer is made by screen printing ink in reverse on a special paper to create the authentic look and feel of a traditionally screen printed item. Transfers can be used for production, stored for program work or for on-demand decoration. Transfers are available in many different finishes and color ways from spot to four-color process.
Heat Transfer Vinyl
A vinyl with an adhesive that is cut with a plotter or a laser for application to a textile with a heat press. Great for smaller quantities, personalization, variable data, sports names, numbering and on-site decorating. Comes in many different finishes.
Digitally Printed Heat Transfer Vinyl
A printable vinyl with an adhesive that is printed with an eco-solvent printer and then cut with a plotter or a laser for application to a textile with a heat press. Great for high detailed art, all quantities, variable data, sports names, numbering and hard-to-decorate fabrics. Often used on promotional products and comes in many different finishes, including gloss and matte.
Inkjet and Laser Transfers
A special transfer paper that is run through an ink jet or laser printer and then applied with a heat transfer.
Distressed Screen Printed Transfer
The vintage look of an aged graphic on your favorite shirt.
Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl
A transfer with a metallic finish and sheen. Available in finishes such as bronze, copper, silver, gold, cobalt and rose gold.
Clear Heat Transfer Vinyl
A clear or translucent colored vinyl that creates a color-on-color or a wet look. Great for trending styles, fanwear and active sportswear.
Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl
A reflective material that comes in standard silver and a few base colors. There are fashion-related reflective and ANSI-certified reflective transfers available. Please consult with your supplier. Great for police, fire, safety, valet and any industry where visibility is important.
Digitally Printed Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl
A printable glitter finish great for trend-right styles, cheer apparel and fanwear.
Digitally Printed Clear Heat Transfer Vinyl
A clear vinyl meant for light garments or for creating a gloss or matte color-on-color look.
Heat Applied Patches
Patches that are applied with a heat press, sewn down or both. They create a high-end retail look and can have multiple finishes, such as flock on embroidered backgrounds, sublimated full-color laser cut patches and raised rubberized patches. Great for bags, headwear and apparel.
Creates a higher-perceived value with a trend-right look. It’s great for clubs, cheer apparel and fanwear. The stones can be the same or mixed colors and sizes.
Digitally Printed High Stretch Heat Transfer Vinyl
A printable heat transfer vinyl that is great for performance and athleisure styles.
Hybrid Laser Transfer paper
Clear Transfer Paper
Digitally Printed Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl
A printable heat transfer vinyl with a metallic finish. Once printed, all colors look metallic. Great for all types of decoration and is often seen on corporate wear, sports apparel and fashion apparel.