More and more key decision makers in the workplace are considering a company’s sustainability efforts centered around People, Planet and Product. This focused energy is a great place to start assessing what your company is already doing and where to go next. As interest rises, so does the need for products and decorations that align with these values.
SanMar has incorporated our own messaging on A Canvas For Good, and below is a breakdown that you, the decorator, can reference and think about to be a helpful part of this growing demand.
Once you have a good idea of where you are and where you want to go, you can start developing your Decorator Sustainability Statement to share with your customers.
Insights To Consider
People in your community
Are you engaged with your local community? Donations, charity sponsorships, neighborhood cleanup efforts and more help give back to your area.
- Donating to important causes brings awareness to things you care about
- Sponsoring a charity provides financial help for the cause and visibility for your company
- Cleanup events and groups help maintain safe and healthy spaces for future generations
People on your team
Take care of those that help your company be successful. Focus your efforts on culture, pay and flexibility to have a team that will support you back.
- Culture includes shared values, attitudes, and goals that you build with your team
- Pay should be market competitive with a clear path for your team to grow with you
- Flexibility relates to work/life balance and potential cross-training of different roles to help increase skill sets
Evaluating your impact allows you to focus on areas to improve the environment around you. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you tracking waste? You can now source eco-friendly packaging.
- Do you know what chemicals are used in your decorating processes?
- What kind of energy does your facility run on?
The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership Program promotes sustainability in printing practices and manufacturing operations.
While you might not be using sustainability related products currently, you should know your options when you get an inquiry.
- Apparel is rapidly developing in this direction, with our options here
- Decoration options include soy-based inks, recycled polyester threads and recycled PVC labels
Use the above content to start developing your Decorator Sustainability Statement. Reflect on where you are, where you want to go and how you want to get there to make your statement meaningful to your company. This can be made available offline via PDF and/or a new landing page on your website so it’s easy to share and show progress.
It is beneficial to have this statement prepared and ready to discuss when you are asked about what your company is doing related to sustainability, so start today!